Online Dyslexia Test for Adults and Young People
If you are searching for a trusted and proven online dyslexia test created and developed in the UK we can help.
Our dyslexia tests can be used by individuals or organisations for their new recruits, staff and students. They are used by people of all ages and within many private and public sector organisations, colleges and universities.
So wherever you are in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland, or English-speaking countries, such as Australia, New Zealand, USA and Canada, please get in touch.
QuickScan Dyslexia Questionnaire and QuickScreen Dyslexia Test
Here at QS Dyslexia Tests (QS) we provide two online products for dyslexia screening for young people and adults:
The dyslexia test products are ideal for both:
- individuals at home and
- organisations for their recruits, staff or students (with a management portal)
Whether you are a personal user, educational establishment or workplace organisation, you have the option to use one or both of the test products depending on your requirements and results. For example, starting with QuickScan and moving on to QuickScreen.
How has QuickScan kept up with new developments?
The Quickscan dyslexia questionnaire has been upgraded over recent years to include a number of aspects which, in the past, were sometimes identified as overlapping with dyslexia.
- Now many of these conditions are more fully understood and recognised in their own right, as well as being seen to be on a continuum of human variations in learning, defined as neurodiversity, which includes dyslexia. (See the BDA website for more details).
- Quickscan shows indicators of not just dyslexia, but also taps into some of these other areas such as organisation, learning confidence, maths difficulties, more general language problems, dyspraxia (fine motor skills) and visual difficulties.
Why is QuickScreen so popular as a Dyslexia Test in the UK?
QuickScreen is an easy-to-use, online dyslexia test that is very comprehensive and highly accurate. There are many reasons for it being so well respected and well used – including:
- The test flags up indicators of dyslexia and provides you with a full report of your results and suggestions for training and development.
- In 2020 the QuickScreen test was significantly upgraded to show a new Table of Results that is more in line with an educational psychologist’s report.
- Users of the QuickScreen test have been able to gain support within the workplace and at university for study and examinations.
- Our QuickScreen dyslexia test has been independently verified and is estimated to have a high overall accuracy rate of 93%, together with a strong predictive capacity for dyslexia of 97%.
It is important to remember that there are positives to thinking differently. People with dyslexia have often been successful in achieving above average, or exceptional scores, in visual analytical skills, which form part of the QuickScreen test.
My QuickScreen test report was really thorough. The certificate I received for my dyslexia was accepted as being from a qualified assessor for my TELC language exams.
Who are the people behind the dyslexia test products?
The QuickScan and QuickScreen online dyslexia screening tests have been developed by QS Dyslexia Tests (QS) – part of Pico Educational Systems Limited.
Over a million users have benefited from Pico’s dyslexia screening tools, either at home, in education or via their employer, since we launched the first computer-based dyslexia test in 1997.
We are members of the British Dyslexia Association (BDA) and in 2018 and 2019 we were a sponsor of their Dyslexia Awareness Week activities. We were also part of the Assured Scheme that the BDA operated from 2019-2021 – and currently feature in their website’s Dyslexia Resources listing.
Find out more about us.
Why were these products developed?
Over several decades in the UK, dyslexia and learning differences have been explored, researched, pushed forward for recognition, objected to, defined and re-defined and it is the individual concerned that has often lost out as a result.
The QS dyslexia test products were created in direct response to this situation and developed for use by individuals and in organisations. So anyone who wanted to know why they were struggling with aspects of learning, might log in and find out what might be the cause, under the more general premiss of learning and study.
If you’re based in the UK (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland), Ireland, or any other English-speaking countries, and have any questions about our dyslexia tests, please do contact us. Our team in London and Sussex are happy to help! We often post useful blogs with news about dyslexia, general helpful advice and lots of research!