Dyslexia Screening Test
The QuickScreen Dyslexia Screening Test provides a detailed analysis of indicators of dyslexia and learning difficulties with recommendations for support for people in the UK, London, Scotland and England. As well as English speaking countries such as Australia, the US and Canada.
Our dyslexia screening test is cost-effective, thorough and accurate assessment for recruits, staff and students.
Why use the QuickScreen Dyslexia Screening Test?
- Quickly register your organisation and start assigning tests to individuals in your management portal
- Click here to sign up/register your organisation and choose the ‘organisation’ registration type option.
- You can also choose to publicise a unique registration link if you wish candidates to also self-refer
- The dyslexia screening test is accessible on PC, Mac, iPad or tablet
- Multiple tests can be carried out simultaneously
- Six comprehensive test sections: Verbal Skills, Visual Skills, Vocabulary, Memory, Sequencing and Processing.
- QuickScreen is more thorough than other dyslexia tests – by looking at a range of attainments and not just literacy skills
- 1 hour to complete (in stages if required)
- Suitable for those aged 17+
- Detailed report identifying indicators of dyslexia, test results for a range of skills and recommendations for future action
- FREE two month trial for your organisation – register an account for your organisation today!
Who and what is QuickScreen right for?
QuickScreen is the ideal tool for dyslexia screening for adults. An organisation would benefit from screening any number of candidates/students/staff for:
- Indications of dyslexia
- English language difficulties
- General problems with study relating to weaknesses in reading, comprehension, spelling and writing, or slowness in coping with literacy based tasks.
QuickScreen is a fantastic adult dyslexia screening test used by the following institutions and employers:
- Further and higher education institutions (universities, university students & colleges)
- Secondary schools and sixth form colleges
- Armed forces and public sector organisations
- A number of professional and commercial organisations
- Recruitment and HR agencies
Dyslexia Screening Test Options
Some organisations choose to utilise the QuickScan Dyslexia Questionnaire prior to using the QuickScreen Dyslexia Test. They use QuickScan to initially screen everyone and QuickScreen for those that have been flagged as showing some signs of dyslexia. Other universities and organisations decide to only focus on using QuickScreen, or indeed just QuickScan. See the ‘Candidate Journey’ diagram on the Organisations page.
It is important to make sure that your organisation is investing in a dyslexia screening test that is backed up by research.
- A 2016 QuickScreen research trial in a University confirmed that where students get a result of mild, moderate or strong indicators they are highly likely to be dyslexic.
- The test has also identified a clear link between dyslexia and speed of processing – a key element of the QS Dyslexia Test.
Additional research projects are ongoing (and the most recent findings can be found in the research section).
What does the dyslexia screening test report include?
- The report received by you and each participant has a bar chart that clearly portrays if someone has ‘none, borderline, mild, moderate or strong’ indicators of dyslexia
- It also details results for an individual’s learning and processing skills profiles
- The processing section (one of the six elements of QuickScreen) goes well beyond the basic literacy skills of other dyslexia screening tests. It includes reading speed, writing and/or typing speed, understanding of written text, quality of spelling and punctuation, memory span for spoken language and level of accuracy in taking a short dictation
- If indicators of dyslexia, English language difficulties or study skills needs are identified by QuickScreen, then suggestions will be included in the report on the next steps to take for training and development support
- All results are held in an online portal for simple management and instant retrieval by your management team at any time. You can even view results on mobile devices with internet access and a PDF reader
- It is also possible for your staff or tutors to add comments to a report before it is sent off to the test candidate
It is important to remember that despite presenting a detailed picture of an individual’s learning strengths and weaknesses at the time of taking the tests, QuickScreen is not to be treated as a final diagnosis. If dyslexia screening results indicate some or many of the symptoms of dyslexia, it would be advisable to then follow up with a full diagnostic assessment with an educational psychologist or certified specialist dyslexia tutor to determine the precise nature and scope of their difficulties. You can read more information in our FAQ section.
Note: The Processing Skills section of the dyslexia screening test includes a reading passage and short dictation. The reading passage is pitched at a 9 – 7 Grade GCSE level (formerly A* to C) and is suitable for candidates of 17+. It is therefore quite challenging for anybody who has not attained a GCSE in English.
More about your Management Portal
- Designated administrators can sign in and view how many tests have been used and which dyslexia screening assessments are partially completed. They will also be able to access a summary of the results
- Administrators will be responsible for assigning dyslexia assessment tests to students/staff and providing them with the required log in information to take the tests.
- There is a facility for collating all results into a CSV file for research and archiving purposes from one year to the next
- The portal dashboard has a Tutor Manual and a Technical Guide
FREE trial for your organisation
Please do request your free two month trial of QuickScreen for your organisation by registering an account. You can then start using the software straightaway. Your management portal includes a Tutor Manual and Technical Guide.
Click here to sign up your organisation and choose the ‘organisation’ registration type option.
SPECIAL DEAL: Sign up for a QuickScreen free trial during Dyslexia Awareness Week 2019 and it will be extended to 3 months!
QuickScreen dyslexia screening test is accessible on any number of devices and priced according to the volume of usage. Annual license fees start from £500 per annum.
QuickScreen Dyslexia Screening Test Support
It is also possible to speak to our dyslexia screening test team on the phone. Please call 020 8674 9571 between 9 am – 5 pm, Monday to Friday. Or call 01424 254658 and leave a message. We will return your call within 24 hours.
We have years of experience in providing successful dyslexia screening tests in the UK, London, Scotland and England as well as overseas in New Zealand. Please read more – about us.