QuickScreen is a very thorough online dyslexia test for adults aged 17+.
This easy-to-use online dyslexia test for adults will flag up indicators of dyslexia and provide you with a comprehensive report and recommendations.
The QuickScreen Dyslexia Test is well respected in London, England, Scotland and across the UK. It’s ideal for English speakers in New Zealand, Canada and Australia.
In 2020 the QuickScreen test was significantly upgraded to show a new Table of Results that is more in line with an educational psychologist’s report.
Users of the QuickScreen Dyslexia test for adults have been able to gain support within the workplace and at UK universities for study and examinations.
Proud to be part of the Assured Scheme by the British Dyslexia Association.
- You can register for an account within minutes and purchase a test for £34.50. incl VAT
- QuickScreen is more thorough than other dyslexia tests – it goes beyond just literacy skills
- Receive a comprehensive report of your results and suggested actions
- The whole test could be completed within 1 hour – but can be undertaken in stages
“The professional service provided by QS Dyslexia test is absolutely Fantastic! Diagnosis is quick, problem areas highlighted and their next step advice is extremely helpful! I would recommend this service to anyone. Thank you for taking the time to help me, it’s changed my life!
What do I need to know about the dyslexia test for adults?
All the key facts are listed below.
- The QuickScreen Dyslexia Test is suitable for young people and adults of 17 years+ including adults
- To start the test, you just need to register (open an account) and purchase a test. Payment is made via PayPal, but you can click on the option to pay by credit or debit card – you don’t have to have a PayPal account.
- You will be given clear instructions on how to complete each stage of this adult dyslexia test.
- TOP TIP from other users: Do not try and fast track through to the tests – make sure to look at the short instruction video before doing each of the tests. All the tests have got practice items and some give immediate feedback – so it’s worthwhile doing these in order to ensure the most accurate outcome.
- You can use a PC, Mac, iPad or tablet to take your online dyslexia test
- There are 6 parts to the QuickScreen test: Verbal Skills, Visual Skills, Vocabulary, Memory, Sequencing, Processing
- You can complete the 6 elements in any order and you don’t have to complete all sections of the test in one go. Just log in to your account again and complete the next section when you are ready. You will be able to clearly see your progress so far.
- You can typically complete all all 6 elements in under 1 hour
- The Processing Skills element may only take 10 minutes. It includes reading speed, writing and/or typing speed, understanding of written text, quality of spelling and punctuation, memory span for spoken language and your level of accuracy in taking a short dictation. If this is a bit of a problem area in your experience, then you may take a longer time to complete it.
- If you are specifically interested in your handwriting speed being part of the test, then please ensure to opt for the handwriting AND typing option. Otherwise you will only be asked to type in your response.
- In the event that you are issued with more than one test, please note that only the first one that you do will be valid and the additional test will be deleted. This has occasionally occurred on some browsers and is being corrected.
- The Processing Skills section of the test includes a reading passage and short dictation. The reading passage is pitched at the higher end to top grade GCSE level and is suitable for candidates of 17+. It is therefore quite challenging for anybody who has not attained a GCSE in English.
It is recommended that you complete as much of your adult dyslexia test as you can. If you don’t know the spelling of a word, you can type it as best you can. The more information provided the more your results will be of help and relevance. Whilst there are some harder words to spell, at least two thirds of the content is made up of words you should find quite easy to spell.
- The QuickScreen dyslexia test for adults is intended for anyone who is experiencing difficulties with aspects of literacy and wishes to find out whether this is possibly due to dyslexia. However, if someone is dyslexic, but is effectively using strategies to deal with this and achieving high levels of literacy attainment, then this screening may not be appropriate.
“The QuickScreen Dyslexia test was quick and easy to complete. I was most impressed with the report which was far more detailed and useful than I had hoped. I liked that the results were presented in a visual format. The information and suggestions were useful. Thank you!
Your Dyslexia Test for adults report
- When all six tests have been completed you will see a full and very detailed report (including easy to interpret bar graphs) with recommendations for skills improvement and ways to have any difficulties accommodated.
- The Table of Results in the QuickScreen Dyslexia test is a two page summary of all the findings from the test. It has similarities with an educational psychologist’s report in terms of showing a scaled score, percentile rankings and descriptor bandings for Cognitive Skills, Underlying Skills and Verbal Processing. The overall indicators of dyslexia are shown as both a percentage and a description (none, borderline, mild, moderate or strong)
- You can download a copy of your comprehensive report or log in again at any time and read the report (if you keep your account open).
- If you are a student, don’t forget to take your report to Student Support Services to arrange access for appropriate assessment and support.
- The QuickScreen dyslexia test report is ideal for adults that wish to ask their employers or univerity for appropriate adjustments and support to be considered.
We welcome your feedback and reviews on our QuickScreen dyslexia test for adults. Please get in touch with the QS Dyslexia Team by email or phone.
Choosing the right online dyslexia test for adults …
Online dyslexia testing and screening is a popular method of dyslexia self-assessment for those asking ‘Am I Dyslexic?’ and there are many options available. It is important to make sure you are taking a dyslexia test that is backed up by research.
- A 2016 university-based QuickScreen research trial, along with more independent research in 2018, confirmed that where candidates get a result of mild, moderate or strong indicators they are highly likely to be dyslexic.
- Our dyslexia test for adults has also identified a clear link between dyslexia and speed of processing – a key element of the QS Dyslexia Test.
- Further research is ongoing and updates can be found in the QuickScreen research section.
Over one million users have been screened for dyslexia and learning difficulties using QS Dyslexia Test products.
If you’re located in the UK, London, Scotland, England or other English speaking countries, take a look at what users said about our online dyslexia test for adults on our reviews page and user feedback section.
“Hi Dr Walker, thank you so much for the dyslexia test certificate you have sent me. The Construction Skills Certificate Scheme have accepted it. I have my test next week and they have said they will help me. Many thanks.
Will the report answer my question – Am I dyslexic?
QuickScreen is our most comprehensive and up-to-date dyslexia test for adults yet. It’s an ideal way of self-assessing dyslexia symptoms if you have been experiencing learning difficulties.
It is important to remember that despite presenting you with a very detailed picture of your learning strengths and weaknesses at the time of taking the tests, QuickScreen is not to be treated as a final diagnosis. If indicators of dyslexia, English language difficulties or study skills needs are identified by the Quickscreen dyslexia test for adults, then suggestions will be included in your report on the next steps to take.
If your test results indicate moderate or strong symptoms of dyslexia, it may be advisable to then follow up with a full diagnostic assessment with an educational psychologist, or certified specialist dyslexia tutor, to determine the precise nature and scope of your difficulties. This would also enable you to gain access to study support within the education system or appropriate adjustments and support from your place of employment.
But do show your QuickScreen dyslexia test for adults report to your tutor or manager before going for further assessments.
You can read more information in our FAQ section.
Support and Certificates for the QuickScreen Dyslexia Test for adults
You are welcome to email any questions you may have about Quickscreen and/or your test results to the QuickScreen dyslexia test team on firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the form on our contact page. You will normally receive a prompt reply within a couple of days, depending on the volume of calls.
You can also request a Dyslexia Test Certificate for your workplace/educational provider. Currently, this service is being offered at no additional cost. However, we do require you to carry out both the QuickScreen test and also the QuickScan questionnaire as this provides a fuller picture of relevant background information.
The certificate is compiled individually by our dyslexia specialist and it is signed and dated. If clarification is required you may be contacted.
Certificates take around one week to process from the date of the request, depending on the volume of requests.
It is also possible to speak to our enquiries manager on the phone. She will either assist you directly or put you in contact with the right person. Please call 020 8674 9571 between 9 am – 5 pm, Monday to Friday. If you leave a message – please clearly state your name and return contact details. We do our best to return your call within 24 hours.